Benefits of Membership
- Be part of a professional golf body that is recognised in Johor to represent the golf tourism industry in Malaysia and beyond.
- Use of the Johor Golf Tourism Association logo in all your printed and digital communications.
- Have a listing in the JGTA’s website Directory.
- Be part of a united presence at national and international golf travel markets every year.
- Networking opportunities with founder members and business partners.
- Increased national and international publicity on your golf course, resort, hotel and business.
- Participation at golf events and promotional activities relevant to the promotion of Johor as a golf destination.
- Receive regular news updates.
- Attend state, national and international Forums to share information and provide insight into attracting international golf tourists into Johor.
- Host FAM trips for local and international golf tour operators and media to experience Johor golf product.
- Be linked to any relevant regional tours promoted on JGTA’s website.
- Be invited to participate in various promotional events from time to time exclusive to Members.
- Part of a representative body that will lobby government and other public authorities on behalf of the industry.
Cost of Membership (Promotional offer in 2016)
- RM500 per annum for Travel Partners (Golf Tour Operator), Industry Partners (Courses, Resorts, Hotels, Transports and others)
- Sponsors depending on rights packages
Applying for Membership
Any entity can apply for membership by:
- Downloading a membership application form from JGTA’s website;
- Completing and submitting the application form; and
- Paying the requisite membership fee as determined by the EXCO of JGTA from time to time.
Obligations of Members
Members shall be required to:
- Recognise JGTA as the official exclusive state body representing Golf Tourism in Johor,
- Pay an annual membership fee to JGTA,
- Help promote JGTA wherever possible,
- Use the official JGTA logo on their communication materials and digital media,
- Provide marketing materials to JGTA that helps JGTA to pursue its objectives, and
- Support JGTA activities, events, workshops, clinics and programmes, wherever possible.
Obligations of JGTA
JGTA shall be required to:
- Act in accordance with its stated objectives in this Charter and its Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Endeavour to serve the best interests of the Members at all times,
- Seek ways and pursue opportunities to increase visitor income and generate business for the Members,
- To seek guidance and support from relevant steering committees representing Members.